Translate

To the Seeker in Vietnam..


I see that a soul in Vietnam is reading my blog..

I was an advisor to the Vietnamese air force during the 'Tet offensive'..

I carried no weapon, as an advisor, I was not required to..

I had no desire to kill anyone..

After two weeks of being hit with rockets and mortars, I accepted the fact that I would die..

I accepted death and would walk though Saigon without any weapon..

I was often shot at but I was protected by an unseen Power..

Whether, you believe this or not is entirely within your mind..

I was a Buddhist within this time and felt close to my Buddhist airmen..

These Wars of financial gain are created by the ego of selfishness and gain..

The bankers and corporations are the winners within all wars..

Do you understand that we were the puppets of songs and drums?..

But, we have Awakened into Reality..

We are finally Free...


-thomas



1 comment:

Unknown said...

thomas,

can you explain how a buddhist handles being drafted? how do they explain to their C.O. that they don't intend on killing anyone? how does the government respond?

curious c

namaste