Translate

Sacred before our sight...


Never did I anticipate or imagine the size or growth of this Sangha. There were some evenings in the early days of my teaching when I was the only one who came. On such evenings I would sit in silence for an hour or so before gathering my things and returning home. Other times two or three people would come, and over time more and more. From the beginning, numbers were unimportant. I always felt that if I could help just one person to truly wake up, I would feel fortunate. And how very fortunate I have been!

I can honestly say that I know much less now than I did ten years ago when I began teaching. Each day that passes now is a deeper step into the unknown, a place far beyond where thought has ever touched. A place where there are no ideas, ideals, or new theories -- but instead a living and dynamic whole which alone can be called sacred, everlasting, and right before our very eyes.

May all beings realize the nature of the ground upon which they stand, and who it is that stands upon it.

-Adyashanti

No comments: