Translate

My Walden...


Henry David Thoreau is a favorite mystic of mine because his thoughts mirror mine..

We both have a pond behind our house in which to watch nature being nature..

The two canada geese and mallard ducks that return each year to give birth to a new generation..

The red tailed fox that slinks through the yard without a sound..

The small herd of deer that wander over my lawns at dusk..

The heron that fishes for carp everyday and clams this pond as it's own against all new comers..

The snapping turtles that crawl up the bank to lay their eggs..

The ferril cats that I feed and visit my deck every day and night..

The raccoons that steal the cat food..

The opossum that quietly moves over my deck to find any scraps of food left from the others..

The woodchucks that live beneath my shed..

The red tailed hawks that fly in lazy circles seeking a meal from the smaller birds that live in the trees..

How can this be possible, when I live within a city ?..

My answer is that all things are possible, If you Believe...


namaste, thomas

No comments: