Translate

" I Am "...


Just look away from all that happens in your mind and bring it to the feeling "I am".

The "I am" is not a direction.

It is the negation of all direction.

Ultimately even the "I am" will have to go, for you need not keep on asserting what is obvious.

Bringing the mind to the feeling "I am" merely helps in turning the mind away from everything else. When the mind is kept away from its preoccupations, it becomes quiet.

If you do not disturb this quiet and stay in it, you find that it is permeated with a light and a love you have never known; and yet you recognize it at one as your own nature.

Once you have passed through this experience, you will never be the same man again; the unruly mind may break its peace and obliterate its vision; but it is bound to return, provided the effort is sustained; until the day when all bonds are broken, delusions and attachments end, and life becomes supremely concentrated in the present.


Nisargadatta Maharaj from I Am That

No comments: