Translate

The Mystic Path to Cosmic Power...


Poindexter "Poindexter" (USA) - This review is from: 'The Mystic Path to Cosmic Power' a book written by Vernon Howard..

I'm not talking about the usual ups and downs that everyone goes through. If you're life is good for the most part, check out an Anthony Robbins book or something. Now, if your pain and suffering is to the extent that you feel life is dark, murky, pointless... then that energy will be the fuel/drive to find a way out.

I assure you that this book is the answer to your pain and suffering.

In a nutshell, here's the bizarre answer: get in touch with your True Self. You're identified 100% with the false in you and that is the root of your pain and suffering.

Yes, it does sound bizarre. And you'll probably resist this because you know no other way but your world of pain and suffering. I've been there, I know. I guarantee you with all my heart that there truly is a way out. Seeing the false as false and thus getting in touch with what's True is the ONLY answer. Anything else you do is mere candy-coating.

I immersed myself in Tolle's resources, Adyashanti, Byron Katie, Anthony DeMello, and Gangaji. Now, Vernon also points in the same direction as the these people. But Vernon's style is fierce whereas the other people's style is gentle. And by the way...

I love Anthony De Mello, but it turns out that A LOT of the stories/metaphors and what he had to say in general were from Vernon Howard's resources, including this book.

As I read Mystic Path, it totally struck a chord with me like no other. It's an amazing book that's fresh and brand new despite being written in the 60's. In fact, I was blown away chapter after chapter at this man's style. He knows what he's talking about.


Poindexter..

No comments: