Translate

personal evolution...


Every man's pursuit is according to his evolution.

Bowl of Saki, March 10, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan:

Everyone says or does or thinks only according to his own particular evolution,
and he cannot do better. Why not, therefore tolerate? Why not, therefore,
forgive?

Moses once passed by a farm and saw a peasant boy talking to himself, saying, 'O
Lord, Thou art so good and kind that I feel if Thou wert here by me I would take
good care of Thee, more than of all my sheep, more than of all my fowls. In the
rain I would keep Thee under the roof of my grass-shed, when it is cold I would
cover Thee with my blanket, and in the heat of the sun I would take Thee to
bathe in the brook. I would put Thee to sleep with Thy head on my lap, and would
fan Thee with my hat, and would always watch Thee and guard Thee from wolves. I
would give Thee bread of manna and would give Thee buttermilk to drink, and to
entertain Thee I would sing and dance and play my flute. O Lord my God, if Thou
wouldst only listen to this and come and see how I would tend Thee.'

Moses was amused to listen to all this, and, as the deliverer of the divine
message, he said, 'How impertinent on thy part, O boy, to limit the unlimited
One, God, the Lord of hosts, who is beyond form and color and the perception and
comprehension of man.' The boy became disheartened and full of fear at what he
had done. But immediately a revelation came to Moses: 'We are not pleased with
this, O Moses, for We have sent thee to unite Our separated ones with Us, not to
disunite. Speak to everyone according to his evolution.'

Every man's pursuit is according to his state of evolution, and so each soul is
in pursuit of something but he does not know where it leads him. The first sign
of realization is tolerance towards others. There are the words of Christ: 'In
the house of my father are many mansions' and those of the Prophet: 'Each soul
has its own religion' This means that according to his evolution so man knows
the truth and the more a man knows, the more he finds there is to learn.



No comments: