Translate

Plotinus...


I often wake up from my body into my true self,

so that being within myself and outside all other things I enjoy a vision of wonderful beauty.

It is then that I believe most firmly that I am a part of the nobler realm,
living a life of perfect activity;

I have become at one with the divine,

and being securely established in it I have entered into that higher actuality,

setting myself above all the rest of the intelligible world.

But when, after being at rest in the divine, I have started my descent from intellection to discursive reasoning,

I wonder how on earth it is that even now I am descending,

and how on earth it is that my soul has come to be in my body,

since it has been revealed to be what it is in itself, despite being in body ..

Plotinus..

No comments: