Translate

Meditation...

Meditation is a deliberate attempt to pierce into the higher states of
consciousness and finally go beyond it. The art of meditation is the
art of shifting the focus of attention to ever subtler levels, without
losing one's grip on the levels left behind. The final stage of
meditation is reached when the sense of identity goes beyond the "I-am-
so-and-so", beyond "so-I-am", beyond "I-am-the-witness-only",
beyond "there-is", beyond all ideas into the impersonally personal
pure being. But you must be energetic when you take to meditation. It
is definitely not a part-time occupation. Limit your interests and
activities to what is needed for you and your dependents' barest
needs. Save all your energies and time for breaking the wall your mind
had built around you. Believe me, you will not regret.
(p.413 I Am That).....Nisargadatta Maharaj

No comments: