Translate

Abgar and Jesus...

King Abgar's Letter to Jesus Christ
And the letter was read before him (Jesus). in which the following was written: Abgar Ukomo to Jesus. the good physician. who has appeared at the place of Jerusalem.

Lord, hail! | I have heard of you and of your healing, that you do not heal by medicines and by drugs, but by your word you make blind men see (lit. open) and you make lame men walk and you make lepers clean | and you make deaf men hear and you cast out spirits and night-wandering demons (lit. roofsons), and you heal the miserable by your word, and also raise dead men. | When I heard these great wonders that you do, I came to the conclusion (lit. put in my mind) that either you are God who came down from heaven and did these, or you are God's son, that you do all these. | therefore I write (and) ask you (lit. wrote, asked) that you come to me, that I may prostrate myself before you, and you heal a certain pain that I have, since I believe in you. | Also, I have further heard this, that the Jews are murmuring against you and persecuting you, and even wish to crucify you and intend to do away with you. | I have but one small province, but (it is) beautiful and for two sufficient to inhabit in peace." |

The Reply of Jesus Christ to King Abgar
When Jesus received the letter in the house of the high priest of the Jews, he said to the courier Hannan: | "Go and say to your lord, who sent you to me: “Blessed are you, that when you have not seen me you believe in me!" For it is written concerning me that those who see me will not believe in me. | And that you have written to me that I should come to you - that for which I have been sent here is now fulfilled, and I am about to ascend to my Father who sent me; I and when I have ascended to him, I will send you one of my disciples, who will heal and cure whatever pain you have, and all who are with you he will lead to eternal life. | And your city will be blessed, and no enemy in the future will ever take it over."


King Abgar (V) Ukomo, receiving the Mandilo from his messenger Hanania. Hanania an artist while was trying to paint the portrait of Jesus, was interrupted by Jesus, who wiped his face with the canvas, transferring his image to it, and told Hanania to take it to his king.............Hanna Hajjar

No comments: