Translate

Nisargadatta Maharaj on the "I-Am"...

31
The fact is you. The only thing you know for sure is: ‘here and
now I am’. Remove the ‘here and now’, the ‘I am’ remains
unassailable.
32
All I can say is ‘I am’, all else is inference. But the inference has
become a habit. Destroy all habits of thinking and sleeping. The
sense ‘I am’ is a manifestation of a deeper cause, which you may
call self, God, Reality or by any other name. The ‘I am’ is in the
world but it is the key which can open the door out of the world.
33
Only your sense ‘I am’ though in the world, is not of the world. By
no effort of logic you can change the ‘I am’ into ‘I am not’. In the
very denial of your being you assert it. Once you realize that the
world is your own projection, you are free of it. You need not free
yourself of a world that does not exist, except in your imagination.

from
http://www.stillnessspeaks.com/images/uploaded/file/iamquotesofnisargadatta.pdf

No comments: