Translate

Jesus teaches the eleven...

NOW, after Judas had gone forth to meet the emissaries of the priests and to betray his Lord, 2 The master said, The hour has come, the son of man will now be glorified. 3 My little children, I am with you yet a little while; soon you will seek me and will find me not, for where I go you cannot come. 4 I give to you a new command: As I love you and give my life for you, so shall you love the world, and give your life to save the world. 5 Love one another as you love yourselves, and then the world will know that you are sons of God, disciples of the son of man whom God has glorified. 6 And Peter said, Lord, where you go there I will go, for I would lay my life down for my Lord. 7 And Jesus said, Boast not of bravery, my friend; you are not strong enough to-night to follow me. 8 Now, Peter, hear! you will deny me thrice before the cock shall crow to-morrow morn. 9 And then he looked upon the eleven and said, You all will be estranged from me this night. 10 The prophet said, Lo, he will smite the shepherd of the sheep; the sheep will flee and hide away. 11 But after I am risen from the dead, lo, you will come again, and I will go before you into Galilee. 12 And Peter said, My Lord, though every other man forsake you I will not. 13 And Jesus said, O Simon Peter, lo, your zeal is greater than your fortitude! Behold, for Satan cometh up to sift you as a pan of wheat, but I have prayed that in your faith you shall not fail; that after trial you may stand a tower of strength. 14 And the disciples all exclaimed, There is no power on earth that can estrange, or cause us to deny our Lord. 15 And Jesus said, Let not your hearts be sad; you all believe in God; believe in me. 16 Behold, for there are many mansions in my Fatherland. If there were not I would have told you so. 17 I will go unto my Fatherland, and I will prepare a place for you that where I am there you may be. But now you do not know the way unto my Fatherland. 18 And Thomas said, We do not know where you intend to go; how could we know the way? 19 And Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, the life; I manifest the Christ of God. No man can reach my Fatherland except he comes with me through Christ. 20 If you had known and comprehended me, then you would know my Father-God. 21 And Philip said, Show us the Father and we will be satisfied. 22 And Jesus said, Have I been with you all these years and still you know me not? 23 He who has seen the son has seen the Father has revealed himself. 24 Lo, I have told you many times that what I speak and what I do are not the words and works of man; 25 They are the words of God, who lives in me and I in him. 26 Hear me, you faithful men: He who believes in me and in my Father-God shall say and do what I have said and done. 27 Yea, more, he shall do greater works than I have ever done, because I go to him whose works we do, and then I can reach forth my hand in helpfulness. 28 And in my name, through Christ, you may petition God and he will grant you your request. 29 Do you believe what I have said? Yes, you believe, and if you love the Christ and follow me then you will keep my words. 30 I am the vine; you are the branches of the vine; my Father is the husbandmen. 31 The branches that are worthless, bearing naught but leaves, the husbandmen will cut away and cast into the fire to be burned. 32 And he will prune the branches that bear fruit that they may yield abundantly. 33 The branch cannot bear fruit if separated from the vine; and you cannot bear fruit when separate from me. 34 Abide in me, and do the works that God, through me, has taught you how to do, and you will bear much fruit, and God will honour you as he has honoured me. 35 And now I go my way, but I will pray my Father-God and he will send another Comforter to you, who will abide with you. 36 Behold, this Comforter of God, the Holy Breath, is one with God, but she is one the world cannot receive because it sees her not; it knows her not. 37 But you know her, and will know her, because she will abide within your soul. 38 I will not leave you desolate, but in the Christ, which is the love of God made manifest to men, I will be with you all the way..........from the Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ

No comments: