Translate

WHERE CHANGE BEGINS...

An old mystic said this about himself: "I was a revolutionary when I
was young, and my prayer to God was, 'Lord, give me the strength to
change the world.'

As I approached middle age and realized that my life was halfway gone
with­out changing a single soul, I changed my prayer to, 'Lord, give
me the grace to change all those who come into contact with me,
especially my family and friends, and I shall be satisfied.'

Now that I am an old man, and my days are num­bered, I have begun to
see how foolish I have been. Now my one prayer is this, 'Lord, give
me
the grace to change myself.' If I had prayed that right from the
start, I would not have wasted my life."

We can waste years trying to change other people. But we can only
really change one person - ourselves. In the end, that is probably
enough.

Steve Goodier

No comments: