Translate

~ The Simplicity of Being ~

Since we are so conditioned and attuned
to define who we are by particular activities,
we spend our lives overlooking the vast ground of stillness
that is the simplicity of being.

When I speak of the "heart," I am speaking of this same being.
When I speak of the core of every phenomenon,
being is what I am referring to.

When I speak of what is met in self-inquiry,
I am also speaking of being,
whether it is emotional self-inquiry,
such as meeting fear, anger, despair, or mental self-inquiry,
such as inquiring into the actual I-thought.

To inquire fully into anything
is to discover this vast, simple, presence of being -
yourself, as you are.
Being is not a practice.
A practice involves some technique,
a right way and a wrong way,
a belief in getting someplace,
and a reward or attainment.
In the truth of absolute stillness,
none of that applies.


~ Gangaji
from: The Diamond In Your Pocket
_

No comments: