Translate

Samadhi...

"One day I saw that, through samadhi, my mind was going up by a
luminous path. Going beyond the gross world studded with the sun,
the moon and the stars, it entered first of all into the subtle
world of ideas. The more it began to ascend to subtler and subtler
strata of that realm, the more did I see beautiful ideal forms of
deities existing on both sides of the path. It came gradually to the
last extremity of that region. I saw a barrier of light there
separating the realm of the divisible from that of the indivisible.
Leaping over it, the mind entered by degrees the realm of the
indivisible. I saw that there was no more any person or thing there
having a form. As if afraid to enter there, even the gods and
goddesses possessing heavenly bodies exercised their authority only
over realms far below. But the very next moment I saw seven wise
rishis having bodies consisting of divine light only, seated there
in samadhi. I felt that in virtue and knowledge, love and
renunciation, they had excelled even the gods and goddesses, not to
speak of human beings. Astonished, I was pondering over their
greatness when I saw before me that a part of the homogeneous mass
of light of the 'Abode of the Indivisible', devoid of the slightest
tinge of difference, became solidified and converted into the form
of a divine child." - Sri Ramakrishna

No comments: