Translate

Jan Kersschot - The Myth of Self-Inquiry...

Q: But I know I am this body. That's what everybody told me. And it feels that way.

J: When you look at what appears in your story, you may notice that your body only comes to the surface during a part of the day. You mind-your memory--says the body is there all the time, I know. But that's just another concept. Sometimes you are aware of your body. Usually because there is pain or joy.

Q: But it's just a part of my body appearing?

J: When you have a pain on your toe, there is an image of your toe. Not of your thyroid gland or your stomach. But when you are hungry, the stomach area appears.

Q: I see . Only parts of my body come to my mind. Only parts of my person appear now and then.

J: "Your" body is not in the picture all the time. They are just snapshots.

Q: But it looks as if it's continuously there.

J: As I said before, that's a trick of our memory.

Q: I am not sure about that.

J: The body and the person appear as snapshots, as images. And then another image comes in which says that the body and mind are there all the time. They come and go in our attention. They appear in awareness.

Pp 2-3
The Myth of Self-Inquiry
Jan Kersschot
Non-Duality Press

No comments: